Frequently Asked Questions
Who belongs to Canfax?
How does the Canfax service work?
What information is available from Canfax?
How do I get the most from Canfax when marketing cattle?
How does the Canfax service benefit the member?
What kind of reports do members get?
Why is the Canfax weekly report no longer sent out as a PDF file directly to my email?
Why do I lose my connection when someone else uses my access ID?
Can I share my username and password?
Can I forward my reports to friends?
Can I quote Canfax material?
Can I use Canfax charts in my PowerPoint presentations?
Can I share my information with other people in my corporation?
What happens if I breach the User Agreement on the website?
Canfax membership is comprised mainly of active cattlemen who are primarily involved in the feeding or raising of cattle and want to strengthen their bargaining power by joining together. Other types of agri-businesses are also members.
The Canfax service is based on timely cattle market information compiled by the analysts. As a member, you have unlimited access to this information. You have the opportunity to work one-on-one with an analyst who is there to know your operation and your area. The analyst will answer your questions with the most current information available.
Basically, anything you need to know in order to make the right decisions.
- Cash cattle prices for fed cattle, feeder cattle and calves, slaughter cows and bred stock. This includes local prices as well as prices across the nation and the U.S.
- Specific fed cattle information including up-to-the-minute prices and volumes, expected offerings, feedlot currentness, exports, packer activity and inventory as well as contracting activity.
- Specific cow/calf and stocker information including feeder prices, trends, movement, buyer demand, inter-provincial and international trade, as well as contracting information.
- Special information such as industry news, feed grain information, hog and poultry prices and supplies, exchange rates as well as future quotes. Canfax also maintains basis information for both fed and feeder cattle.
- Call before you sell. Get a clear picture of the current market situation and outlook locally, nationally and in the U.S.
- Report your sale (with details of weight, yield, condition, etc.) to Canfax after the deal has been completed.
- It is this up-to-the-minute pooling of information that helps to put you in a more superior bargaining position.
Information provided by Canfax puts you in a position to get top dollar for your cattle. Alternatives will be looked at that may improve your profitability and any factors affecting your bottom line will be assessed. Basically, you'll have an unequalled advantage when buying or selling cattle.
- Cash trade and activity on fed cattle, feeder cattle and calves, cows and bred stock.
- Specific fed cattle information such as up-to-the-minute prices, basis and captive supply information.
- Specific feeder cattle information including trends, movement, buyer demand, exports or imports, basis and contracting activity.
- Feedlot costs, break-evens, margins, etc.
- Beef production statistics, slaughter levels, carcass weights, grade information, by-products, beef and wholesale prices, exchange and interest rates, hog prices and slaughter, futures markets, feed grain prices, etc.
- Industry news, Canada and U.S. cattle and inventory reports, USDA Cattle on Feed reports.
Along with launching a new website, Canfax changed the report delivery format for their weekly publication for several reasons.
a) Many of our customers still have slow dial-up connections, and they have limited mailbox storage space provided by their internet providers. We get dozens of email notifications each week about mailboxes that are full. By going to this new format, our customers can choose when to download the weekly reports.
b) Many operations are seasonal and require market information only at certain times of the year. This new format allows customized access to the weekly reports only when needed.
c) We strive to ensure that our subscribers are getting the reports that they pay for, and this new format will discourage the unauthorized forwarding of these reports to non-customers.
Each membership is set up for individual access to the Members Only area of the website. If one user is connected to the Members Only website, a second attempt with the same login credentials will result in an immediate disconnection of the first user.
No. You are responsible for all use of the Site made using your username and password, whether or not the use is made by you or by someone else using your username and password. You are responsible for protecting and securing your username and password from unauthorized use. You agree not to share your user name and password with third parties for unauthorized access to the Members only section of the Site. If you believe there has been a breach of security of your username or password, such as theft or unauthorized use, you should notify Canfax immediately by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No. No part of the Site or any cattle market information appearing on the Site may be reproduced or stored in or transmitted to any other website, computer or server. No cattle market information material appearing on the Site may be disseminated in any form, either electronic or non-electronic, nor included in any retrieval system or service without the prior written permission of Canfax and the payment of a specified fee. Any request for permission may be sent in writing to Canfax.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and similar rights in all material published on the Site are owned by Canfax. You are permitted to print or download the reports and extracts from this material solely for your own personal or business use. None of this material may be used for any commercial or public use. Commentary may be quoted provided such use clearly shows that Canfax is the author and the owner of the copyright in the material used.
Yes. Charts produced by Canfax can be used in PowerPoint presentations and reports provided such use clearly shows that Canfax is the author and the owner of the copyright in the material used.
Any use by a corporate member is restricted to the number of users included in the corporate subscription rate. All persons accessing the cattle market information in this Site through a corporate subscription are bound by this Agreement.
If you breach the User Agreement on the website, all membership and subscription privileges will be immediately terminated. Any renewal of a subscription that was terminated for breach of this Agreement will be at a rate three times the current subscription rate for the first year following the year the subscription was terminated.